L260 Queen Arabesque EGGS!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
Today has got to be one of the craziest days of my life! :crazy: I had a pair of angels that spawned so I was busy all afternoon moving eggs to a nursery tank.

Then I wanted to rearrange some wood in my L260 tank because over the weekend I moved the tank to my "official unofficial" fish room. I was messing around, shufflling caves around, then accidentally flipped the top of one cave open, saw that there were 2 fish in it. At first, I didnt think anything of it, figured I just scared them. Then I noticed these round yellow balls, which at first glance looked like fungus. Lo & behold, those were eggs!! :jaw:

They were already out of the cave because of my shuffling, so I had no choice but to put them in fry saver. I dont know if they are even fertilized or will hatch AHHHHHH!!! :eek:

Last pic is of dear ol' dad!

007.jpg 008-2.jpg 016.jpg

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
if they hatch.. I WANT ONE!! lol

laurenrocksth

AC Members
Jun 24, 2008
Milford, NH
That's so cool!

lateinningmagic

Call Me E-Man
Apr 14, 2009
New York
The dad looks awesome, hopefully he was able to do this thang

meili.harrison

Love my plecos!
I desperately hope so too! I have a bad feeling though, and I'm so upset at myself for not being more careful. I totally did not expect it, I've had these guys for a long time now and didnt think it would happen to me! They are wild caught too, not tank bred so if babies hatch, they will be F1s. :)

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Getting them to spawn the first time is the tough part. They should keep going for some time now that they've started. Keep us posted on the eggs...

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Congratz Meili!! Fingers crossed. They are such beautifil plecos!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store