Labradoodles!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
Thanks Dangerdoll... I've asked them once already and they said no, because all the other homes that they own and rent out they don't allow them. What I think is unfair is that all their other homes have carpeting... ours is the only one with hardwood (and linoleum (sp) in the kitchen)... bummer, my son would love to have a dog.

Then they had the nerve to ask me (when they know they're not going to allow one anyway) what I was going to do with the dog while I'm away all day at work... then when I told her I was going to crate train, they were like "oh, you've done research"... well der! Of course I've done research, I really want a frickin dog!! She said we could get a cat. I told her that is all fine and good, but my husband is petrified of cats and my mother in law will never come to our house again if we had one...

C'est la vie. Someday we'll have a dog.

~Tara

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
you could suggest adding another couple hundred bucks for security in case it does cause problems.... that's what they do at some places in Jersey... I believe they charge an additional $250 per dog/cat.

gimme their addy, I'm typing up the letter of rec. right now ;)

dwayne

AC Members
Jul 12, 2001
Boston, MA
;)

I offered to add on another $300 to the security deposit they already have from us, and they said they prefer to keep all their agreements with tenants the same. But thanks!

~Tara

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
everything I've read so far has these two included in the "single-coated" group, and recommended for sufferers.... I mean, I know I shouldn't believe everything I read out there on the "net" but this is pretty conflicting, wouldn't you think?
A breeds "standard" or description of what they should look like (as determined by the parent club in the country in question) is the final authority when discussing the finer points. No other opinion counts- not even a little bit.

From the Bichon Frise AKC standard-
"The texture of the coat is of utmost importance. The undercoat is soft and dense, the outercoat of a coarser and curlier texture. The combination of the two gives a soft but substantial feel to the touch which is similar to plush or velvet and when patted springs back. "
There is no specific reference to a double coat in the Poodle standard but I assure you they are double coated as well.

Must4ng s4lly

AC Members
Jan 9, 2004
Houston
Visit site
Dangerdoll... write that letter!!!

lol! Yeah, had a cat, still do, but lived in a condo for five years and the people did not allow pets. There was no way my kitty was going away, so I hid here for five years, did a lot of repairs myself so they would never come over.... They were some crazy Old people who owned the condo, they showed up totally unannounced and found my kitty at the end of my stay. As luck would have it, I was already moving out, but just cause I had my cat, I lost 150 bucks on my deposit. They said it was B/C there were stains on the Backback of the carpet. That carpet was 20 years OLD! LOL! Who knows what all that was!

Oh well, bought my OWN house and now don't have to deal with stupid people anymore!

I hope ya get a dog tho dwayne, that would be cool! I love my cat and she has been with me longer than anyone or thing ! LOL! She's 15.

mike paner

AC Members
Jan 30, 2023
That's dumb! People are allergic to dog's dander, not the hair itself. You can even be allergic to hairless dogs, but it's less likely.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store