large dwarf gourami

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mainer

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
alright so i was just at my local petstore and they had a tank with blue "large dwarf gouramis". wtf is that? Im a little suspicious of them they look like full grown gouramis. they had regular dwarf gouramis and they were about 1/3 the size of the large dwarfs. Have you guys ever heard of such a thing. I asked the guy and he said it was a totally different breed than the regular dwarfs. :huh:

patoloco

De seguro no sabes lo que dice aqu
Oct 20, 2005
Costa Rica
wetpatoloco.tripod.com
Maybe that's one of a kind dwarf giant gourami :joke:

Getting serious, this is new to me. Are you sure those were nor plain regular blue/opaline/cosby gouramies?

mduros

AC Members
Sep 20, 2005
Chicago, Illinois
www.maryduros.com
This is what I think is going on. Typically Colisa Lalia is known as dwarf gouramis. But I have seen them as big as about 3 inches. There are also Colisa Sota and Colisa Chuna, i.e. honey gouramis or dwarf honey gouramis. IME the latter rarely get over 2 inches. I would guess that what your store is selling is Colisa Lalia, which tend to get an inch or more larger than the typical Sota or Chuna. Just a guess, cause I've see similar signage and it's always Lalia, or a Lalia hybrid of some sort.
Mary.

led_zeppelin

AC Members
May 8, 2005
SE Michigan
yeah they were probably reagular gouramis with a goofy name, the LFS must not know the definition of dwarf and thought dwarfs were the normall size so there calling the big ones large dwarfs...lol

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store