Leaky T union in return line

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
Hello,
I have been battling a leak on my return from my sump. The line goes through a scaled back mag 12 then hits a T and goes to the two seperate return lines. On one side of the T there as been a leak, its not fast probably a drip every 20-30 seconds. I have tried coating the union with silicone but to no avail. Anyone have any other ideas? I was thinking of trying to do like a silicone/shrink tube combo or something like that.
Ideas?
Thanks,
tren

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
it will seal itself. give it time and leave it be.

the salt will clog the hole.

heedicus

aqua-nerd in training
Dec 23, 2001
Boise, ID
www.skijor.bravepages.com
=)

gcvt

Functional Aquaholic
Mar 15, 2001
SF, CA
www.motorworld.com
Ya know...maybe it's just me, but plumbing leaks are nothing to mess with. If you talking about rigid PVC, I'd tear it down and build it again. PVC is so cheap, it's pennies for the materials and you probably have lots of primer and cement left anyway.

Then again, this is coming from a guy who rebuilt his plumbing system three times for no good reason at all - just wanted the routing to look better :)

fishfreek

AC Members
Apr 8, 2002
Virginia
www.aquariumadvice.com
What if you took some rags and wrapped it around the leak good and tite. If its that slow of a leak that should take care of it.

Maybe quick dry sylicon if such a thing exists. Dab it on there real thick. Put a fan on it to help the drying process. Then the ouside could dry and seal before the inside dried.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store