Learning to quarantine everything...the hard way...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Rusty,

I'm using an entirely different method. Tank water to me is just full of the stuff I wanted to get away from...I'm using none of it.

Funny, my main tank is so full of that crap that I can see little white things in there.

Good luck living, little white things...there's no more fish. HA!

You already read the method I'm using, so I won't reitterate.

I just got done with the second swap. The fish went from the main tank to the first 10g, and yesterday to the second. Tomorrow, back to the cleaned out first. I match temp and salinity, and considering it's got only 2 clowns and a damsel (the other damsel had the ich real bad and died the first day), there's really not much chance of the water poluting...except for maybe the ich eggs I flush away...:)

Subliminal

AC Members
Feb 21, 2007
Princeton, NJ
Oh and ttt....I've been reading today and I've seen at least 3 posts this morning alone with people asking about ich. :)

Reefscape

I shoot people with a Canon
Staff member
Nov 8, 2006
Staffordshire, UK
seethroughmylens.co.uk
Real Name
Blinky
Rusty,

I'm using an entirely different method. Tank water to me is just full of the stuff I wanted to get away from...I'm using none of it.

Funny, my main tank is so full of that crap that I can see little white things in there.

Good luck living, little white things...there's no more fish. HA!
If your Ich cycle is at the stage that the paracites are free swimming, then the use of a UV Sterilizer will clear the tank water of this. Just a point to add for somebody else who is concidering using one of these devices for Ich combat...

Niko

SigPiPup

AC Members
May 1, 2007
Michigan
That article from RK is awesome. It, as well as all the bad experiences I've read about, has conviced me thoroughly to quaratine any and all new acquisitions. It is going to be quite some time before I'll have to worry about setting up a tank, but at least now the whole process has been de-mystified. I'm just sorry that I've had to learn from your misfortune. Thanks, I guess. :)

Star_Rider

AC Moderators
Dec 21, 2005
Spanaway, Wa.
Real Name
Ed
If your Ich cycle is at the stage that the paracites are free swimming, then the use of a UV Sterilizer will clear the tank water of this. Just a point to add for somebody else who is concidering using one of these devices for Ich combat...

Niko
I have been using a uv sterilizer..and just discovered that the uv bulb had been turned off..it is up and running now.
sheesh

I lost my PBT last night..how discouraging..it was doing so wel and was greeting me at the tank at feeding time..I feel terrible.

my Tomini seems to be faring well and the clown doesn't seem as affected..

I do plan on trying again to remove the fish..but that tomini is lightening fast...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store