LED Lights Question / Thoughts / Opinions......

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I have no opinion on LEDs, I don't use them (yet) but the "disco multi-colors" of some LEDs put me off, especially the surface reflections.
LOL! The disc-effect is real. Here's a shot I just took of my floor level 55. I've had this "Aquaneat" brand cheap ~48" strip light for 3-4yrs. It's super bright but indeed casts a glare off the glass tops enough to light up the room it's in. I just looked at the power adapter specs on this light and it says ~120V input, 69V output! Yikes that's a lot of juice unless it's a typo. I may have to meter it..

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Realize you all are trying to push a new member to get less quality, low CRI lighting because I didn't recommend the right brand, or maybe your resentment of me. Do you think that's a good thing?
??? You yourself recommended everything ranging from 'lighting by the foot' stick on LED ribbon lighting to higher dollar name brand stuff. No one is pushing anything specific here. This thread is done.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store