light timer woes...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Okay, so I'm using the Aqualight Digital Power Center by Coralife and for some reason my light isn't turning on/off properly. I just bought a new light strip and a new light bulb so I'm guessing it HAS to be the power strip itself that isn't working. I am following directions, programing the light to turn on at noon for example and then having it turn off a few minutes later to check and see if it is working. It's not even turning on...what is going on?

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
so im guessing the power strip is ok..... because i want one of those units you have.

i just keep hearing about problems related to power strips made for aquariums (apparently they arent aquarium safe)

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
It is fine. It actually just turned my lights off. Timers are my savior and the power strips are great. My lights, heater, and filter are all in the same one. I don't know why they wouldn't be aquarium safe...unless you put it in the water...:headshake2:

red devil

AC Members
Jan 7, 2003
Shenzhen, China
Visit site
Aquarium safe...do they have some ground fault protection? I have a general rule to put power plugs significantly above the height of the aquarium, and mount them securely so that they don't fall into the tank!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store