List of Goldfish Breeders

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dahlia

AC Members
Sep 3, 2003
South Carolina
www.livejournal.com
Is there a directory anywhere on the internet for small, high quality fancy goldfish breeders? I can't seem to find anything but massive wholesalers when I run google searches. I'd like to look at purchasing some show quality fish, or as near to it as I can get.

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
Puregold

Go to Puregold linked above to sign onto the newsgroup and ask there.

They can point you to the US breeders of importance as well as US dealers. But, know that we still find show winners at local stores, in the competitions it is not uncommon for a winner to be a $6 fish, competing with $300 fish.

Dahlia

AC Members
Sep 3, 2003
South Carolina
www.livejournal.com
I tried to join puregold, and it said I had succeeded and it was going to send a confirmation email to me... but then the email never came. I double checked, and I did use the right email address. I guess I will try again?

Cearbhaill

Reads the Gribble Report
Mar 22, 2003
South Florida USA
Visit site
Goldfish Connection offers some exceedingly nice fish on auction every month or so. I would recommend them far and above anyone else as far as purchasing healthy parasite free fish.
Arthur (goes by the name Chzang) over on Aquabid is also widely acknowledged as selling quality fish. I have fish from both places and the quality just can't be beat.
Everyone else I view with skepticism. These fish are imports- not US bred, and fish MUST be quarantined and treated for gill flukes and internal parasites, as well as a host of other problems.

Joining a local Goldfish/Koi club can be a great resource for fish as well as help when things go wrong. And with Goldies things will go wrong. I find them to be more difficult to keep healthy than even Discus or the toughest marine fish. They are the one animal on the planet that has suffered the hands of man via selective breeding for the longest periods of time, and their health certainly reflects it.

Puregold is a great resource for info but Ingrid is a cranky old bat and very set in her ways with no room for anyone elses views.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store