little bit of a change

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CanFor Holm

AC Members
Jul 11, 2011
so i had my blood parrots as some of you may remember me talking about. unexpected expenses came up and i now wont be able to do the tank upgrade i planned on and my 30g couldnt hold the 2. so I decided to do the right thing andtake them back to the LFS i got them from they gave me a credit and i picked up a school of copper harequins (sp?) i already love the look of them just the simpe copper line on them looks so cool. no i still have a problem as i have 3 loonie sized angels in my tank as well as a brown pleco. i cant bare to get rid of the angels as i have grown attached to their personality. so i dont know what im going to do i have a spare 10 gallon to utilize if the need arises. so current stock in my 30g is 3 angels 12 copper harequinns and a 3 inch pleco. still over stocked but im relieved as i cleared it up a bit with the removal of the cichlids. i really want to get a long tank as im not a big fan of tall ones :( im rambling i no. but that is my predicament. am i being paranoid or do i have some time before size stunting becomes an issue?

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
I don't think stunting is the major issue here...more likely the problem will be that if you have mixed sex angels, you will likely run into pair formation. In that case the lone angel will be left out and probably picked on.

Do you happen to know which species of pleco you have? They vary greatly in terms of max size.

Fishfriend1

Fishlover Extraordinaire
Dec 11, 2009
Southeastern PA
Real Name
Mr. Palmer
Well, I think that many fish, and such large fish, in a 30gal is a bit much. If you can get a larger tank that would benefit all the fish greatly, especially the pleco.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
If that is the case you definitely should upgrade sooner rather than later. Otherwise you could try to rehome the pleco and get a species that stays smaller...Ancistrus spp. are a good one for community tanks for example.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store