Live food

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Since yall probably use a lot of crickets and mealworms I thought I would ask you, where do you get your crickets, mealworms, superworms, etc...? Drs foster and smith appears to sell them for really cheap...

Sent from my iPad using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

kissofcrimson

AC Members
Aug 14, 2012
North Carolina, USA
Whenever I bought crickets for my Goldfish I got them from one of my local lfs's. They bred small & large ones. I've never bought live insects off of doc & foster smith though I have bought other things from them.

chibikaie

AC Members
Nov 19, 2011
New England, USA
Hmm, unless you are buying only the 100 count live crickets, you're going to spend a lot on having them shipped. Try a local store first if you want anything else.

If you're looking for black soldier fly larvae, or phoenix worms, there's a small company that specializes in them. Those are very good if you're going to feed insectivorous reptiles who need high calcium to phosphorous ratios in their food. I forget the name, but they should pop right up if you do a seach.

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
Since I'm already going to get an AC 110 (55 dollars, and applies to the free shipping) I was wondering if I should go ahead and get a few hundred crickets...

Thanks for the input, I've never seen then at a LFS before.

The food I was looking for is mealworms, crickets, and super worms for my 18" bearded dragon.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
You can also pick them up in bulk from reptile shows. The one vendor in hamburg sells them around $11 for 1,000. Just giving you a ball park.

Nereus7

AC Members
Jul 30, 2012
I used to get the grand, but they really start to reak over time, not nose friendly animals. I forget where, some place out of reptiles mag, I think the cricket was swinging a cane

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
^ And that's one of the reasons why I raise Dubia Roaches. :)

chibikaie

AC Members
Nov 19, 2011
New England, USA
If your bearded dragon is that big, he should be eating more veggies than insects. Their diet shifts as they get older and larger.

Do also look into the black soldier fly larvae. They are highly recommended.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store