Live Rock Rubble Replace

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
My tank has been running almost 4 months and i still have the nitrate demon bio balls in my back compartment, i was wondering if i could replace the balls now with live rock rubble? or is it to late?

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
It is never too late. I would do it for sure. Not sure how beneficial the liverock is in the back, but I know that it won't hurt .

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
So i can just take the bio balls out and replace it with how much live rock? can i just take a rock out of my tank and smash it up and put it back there?

DSR

AC Members
Apr 10, 2009
Tulsa, OK
If you have too much rock you can do that (but I think you actually need more since you got a bigger tank). But you can also buy cured live rubble and put it in there. Add a light and some macro algae, maybe some copepods and other critters and have yerself a littl refugium.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
I like the little refugium idea! ill do that in my 29 gallon, im gonna buy those algae strand balls and some live rock in the 29 and put make it my reufgium for the starfish im gonna be feeding my harlequins

i replaced it and probably put about 2 and half to three pounds back there.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store