live rock

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Delta/Dawn

AC Members
May 25, 2007
San Jose, Ca.
First of all I want to thank everyone that responded to my moving question. I just found out a family member has been hiding parkinson's from everyone. I am not sure if I will have to go anytime soon, but was worried about the tank. I now have a new question. I regret that I set up the tank without live rock and money has been preety tight lately I have come across an add here in town someone else is moving and not planning on setting his reef back up he gave his fish to a friend and wants to sell his rock for $100.00 he says its about 80lbs. I am drooling on myself I want to go get it. Rock sells here for $7.99 a pound. I wanted to post here first for any thoughts good-or-bad. I am thinking of cycling it in a plastic bin for a while in the garage. I am just nervous that it is to good to be ture.:help:

Max

It's me
Jan 26, 2004
Mars
Visit site
Well, I would cycle it as you stated and ask the former owner if he's ever had to treat his tank for a disease etc. Sounds like a good find for you though other than the little warning about treatments copper bassed meds tend to stick around for ever. Anyway, again good find and good luck with your relations health.

jojo22

Salt-aholic Xtreme
Sep 21, 2006
Take a copper test with you, if it's negative buy it!!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
same here. I bought 50 lbs for 100 dollars. Your deal sounds even better. As long as its sitting in a tank still and looks like its got some coralline on it here and there than id go for it.

-Jay

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store