Loads of Multi Fry

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Dino

AC Members
Jan 27, 2013
@ Brian: Neolamprologus multifasciatus are often called "multies." The full name is a-lot to type. They are one of the smallest Cichlids in the world and easy to keep in smaller aquariums. Some people keep pairs or even a few in a 10 gallon aquarium. They are great Cichlids if you don't have room for a large aquarium. I have seven adults in a my 33 gallon tank. They are very cool fish. If you are interested in them, I might be able to give you a few juveniles after they have grown a bit, depending on what part of ohio you live in.

Dino

AC Members
Jan 27, 2013
Sorry for the double post. @ Pittbull: Thanks for the advice. I added a few more shells in the males territory and things have calmed down. It is funny that many of the articles on multi care suggest three shells per fish. I had 72 for 7 and still needed more. There are about 80 or so shells now. It looks like three boxes of 36 may not be enough in the long run. I also added a couple more plants to the tank. I decided to try water wisteria. The tank is still recovering from the huge amount of food our house sitter dumped into the tank while I was on vacation and I heard this plant was hungry for phosphates. Still changing water twice a week but more plants never hurt anything. I hope the water chemistry gets back to stable soon.

Brian Anderson

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ohio
www.facebook.com
Real Name
Brian Anderson
Very cool man thanks for the info. I'm gonna do some googling now!

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks. Pittbull/Efors: how many fry do you think this tank can support?
You are welcome, Dino. I have seen a colony of almost 100 multies of different sizes in a 30gal tank. Keep the ratio of at least 3 shells per fish and follow Pittbull's advices. Your colony will be OK for a very long time.

Dino

AC Members
Jan 27, 2013
@jrh. I have about a dozen juvies that are about 1/2 inch; a couple are showing stripes. Let me know if you are interested they should be big enough to ship in ....well I'm not sure how long. I'm in this for fun not $$$ so if you can cover shipping cost we can probably work something out. I would like them to be a little bigger before I try moving them. It will get pretty crowded soon if i don't figure something out. there are close to 100 1/4 inch fry in there. I have been really busy lately. Don't take it personally if I don't reply to this thread or a pm right away. I only check in once in a while.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to convince my wife that another 33 gal right next to the other would look great? I need more space for these fish!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store