Long nose butterfly fish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cav

wayne
Dec 11, 2006
Hull, UK.
Nope:

"a species that is best kept singly or in larger aquariums as a mated pair. It does better with other non-aggressive fishes, but can be placed into a moderately-aggressive community if introduced into the aquarium first."

Average Size:
To about 8 inches.
Suggested Minimum Tank Size:
75 gallons.
Habitat:
Provide with plenty of shelter and room to move around. This is a fish that is sensitive to even the lowest levels of ammonia, as well as touchy to other changes in its environment relating to poor water quality issues.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
Long nose butterflyfish also tend to be really hit or miss, hard to find a healthy specimen.

Lots of them will come in, and only eat sponge and select inverts.

Fish_Boy

AC Members
Jul 2, 2007
Thanks for the answers, I heard they are found singly or in group of 5 in the wild but I guess my tank is a little too small for them. I'll probably keep one of them, they are beautiful fish. About their diet, do they take pelleted fish food or does it have to be frozen stuff. I know they need to fed 3 times a day too because of their small mouths. Has anyone seen this fish eat commercial food like New life Spectrum, I heard that was a good food that almost any fish will eat.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
Thanks for the answers, I heard they are found singly or in group of 5 in the wild but I guess my tank is a little too small for them. I'll probably keep one of them, they are beautiful fish. About their diet, do they take pelleted fish food or does it have to be frozen stuff. I know they need to fed 3 times a day too because of their small mouths. Has anyone seen this fish eat commercial food like New life Spectrum, I heard that was a good food that almost any fish will eat.

Depends on the individual fish, many of them will only eat live food for a while (pods and such).

At the store we fed ours fresh clams for about 2 months until it finally decided to take mysis. It may never take dry food, its hard to say.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store