Looks like a male JD,no?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vicious_Fish

Mar 6, 2007
The Land of the Lost
Real Name
Seth
What they all said. :D

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
While a certainly not in dis-agreement with anyone.

The only true way to tell is to vent the fish. That is the only way to sex any cichlid with some sort of high accuracy. Going by finnage can be deceiving some times.

That includes some very heated debates by people who claimed to be so called "experts" and ended up being wrong.

I have seen some very strange fins on fish that were suppose to be one sex or another in the years I have been in this hobby.

That being said and going by the finnage I would also say male.

247Plants

Plant Obsessed
Mar 23, 2007
eastside LBC
Male.....

Tongue33

AC Members
Dec 4, 2006
While a certainly not in dis-agreement with anyone.

The only true way to tell is to vent the fish. That is the only way to sex any cichlid with some sort of high accuracy. Going by finnage can be deceiving some times.

That includes some very heated debates by people who claimed to be so called "experts" and ended up being wrong.

I have seen some very strange fins on fish that were suppose to be one sex or another in the years I have been in this hobby.

That being said and going by the finnage I would also say male.

I didn't see anything about "the Fins" Being how this fish was sexed.

Most that have answered, would have probably answered the same if only the front end was shown and all the Fins were smeared at that size ;).

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store