lost a couple fish-a few questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mainer

AC Members
Feb 2, 2006
Hey guys, over the past 4 days i have lost 2 of my peppered corys for reasons unknown to me. When the first one died i wasnt overly suprised because ever since i got them that one always looked the weakest and never hung out with the other two. But today i came home from work and found another one dead. Last night i noticed he wasnt swimming much but when i touched him with a stick he swam away but i could tell he wasnt doing well. Both of these fish have been fine up till now, i try to make sure they get plenty of food and i have a little tara cotta house for them too. Im just plain lost :sad: I checked my water tonight and it read ph-7, ammo-0, rite-0, rate-10ppm. I checked them on sunday after the other fish died and the readings were the same. Should i just chaulk this up to unhealthy fish or what? The last one looks like he has grown some since i got them a couple months ago and looks healthy. Should i go out and get two more corys to make this guy feel better, not so lonely or what? Im also in the middle of an annoying bacterial bloom that just wont seem to go away. My tank is a 10 gal with a AC 30 filter. I have all the bio max balls that came with it in there along with 2 sponges. Any ideas for either issue would definately be appreciated!! Nice to see this site is up and running again also!

Lobo.

sheep in wolf's clothing
Feb 24, 2005
Nashville
how often do you do water changes? did you add anything to the tank recently?

if you added anything recently, thin it might of carried some weird virus/bacterial thingie

not enough waterchanges would explain your bacterial bloom, or maybe ots (old tank syndrome) if you have recently done a really big water change after not doing one for a while...

how long have you had the tank running? how old are the fish?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store