Lost a ropefish today :(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ArkyLady

Addict In Training
Nov 27, 2002
Arkansas
Little bugger escaped and ended up in the sun where it dried him out rather quickly apparently. He was accounted for this morning.

Guess I'll have to figure out a way to secure my tank even more. The female that I've had for over 2 months has never made it out, so I thought I had it taken care of.

Ugh so depressing, those are the coolest fish :(

rjl420

AC Members
May 13, 2002
Temecula, CA
photos.yahoo.com
I hear your pain, I had the same experience with one of my bichirs, woke up to see him on the floor one morning.... it really sucked. ESPECIALLY since my tank was "escape proof" (or so I thought. :rolleyes:

sorry for your loss.

Serrateeth_2002

Godzilla
Nov 3, 2002
Singapore
This event adds to your experience,always have a cover for jumping fish or have low water level.

ArkyLady

Addict In Training
Nov 27, 2002
Arkansas
Yeah lesson learned the hard way :eek: Hubby said tonite that he noticed he was swimming very fast from the opposite side of the tank to the side where the only opening is (that I thought I had secured), so I assume he finally slammed into it enough times to loosen it and escape. Wish hubby had mentioned this behavior last nite when he noticed it, though that may or may not have changed anything. Hindsight is 20/20 :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store