Mafia #77 Game thread- Back to the basics

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Game Rules:

Mafia: You win when your team controls at least 50% of the town. Each night you can hit one player. If the attempted hit is protected by the doctor then the hit will not work.

(1) The Don: You are head of the mafia and hope to eradicate enough innocents in order to take over ACville. You may communicate with other members of your team. You control the hit as well as the blackmail. In order to use the blackmail you must PM me the name of the person who shall receive the blackmail as well as the person who they must vote for. The receiver may not reveal to the town that they have been blackmailed. Upon your death you may continue to communicate with the other mafia players.

(1) Snitch: You are a member of the mafia but you cousin Vinny was ousted by the Mafia and feel that some revenge is needed. You will PM me a list of 4 names of their choosing, whenever I ask. These names will be worked into the night time story line. At least one member of this list must be a Mafia member. This will only occur on a predetermined night after night two. You may not reveal your identity to anybody, not even the Don.

(>1) Mafia member: You are a minion of the Don and may communicate with other mafia players. If the Don is killed you may continue to send names for the hit each night. Upon your death you may continue to communicate with your teammates.
Well now that brings down the likelyhood of Lab neing blackmailed. I didn't really look and see that there was only one blackmail.

Now I see what you guys are saying about them not using the blackmail.

To be honest, I forgot about it then when it came up I was like :idea: "That has to be!" but now I just see it as "It could be......" Does that make sense?

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Is a female Don a Donette or a Doness?

I don't think I am going to run with this theory. You guys have fun with it though.

I am starting to really like a vote on Raz, Pir or Un.
A quick urban dictionary says that its a Dada...but I can't post the definition because it's rather vulgar. :dance2:

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Have you thought about possibly, they see Lab as getting lynched and came up with this "theory" to try and draw votes off her?
OMG I need a break from mafia! They're are just too many "what if's" It's hard to take them ALL in to consideration and I think the town needs to start putting out ideas to help bring those down. It's not just for my sake but for everyones.............. Salt

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
^And I don't mean "start" since I know people have given ideas I mean the town (myself included) needs to put more thoughts out there.

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009
Is a female Don a Donette or a Doness?

I don't think I am going to run with this theory. You guys have fun with it though.

I am starting to really like a vote on Raz, Pir or Un.
Care to elaberate?

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
PP has been quiet
Mav has as well ( the avatar change has thrown me for a loop )
UN doesn't seem as trigger happy and confident anymore.

just some thoughts.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
OMG I need a break from mafia! They're are just too many "what if's" It's hard to take them ALL in to consideration and I think the town needs to start putting out ideas to help bring those down. It's not just for my sake but for everyones.............. Salt
LMAO...tell me about it, this round is making me even more crazy with all the what if's and such!!!!
We got, the whole "are they handpicked" if so "who would he pick" theory going, Noobs posting all crazy, then Ice seeming to call out PR's and asking for protection and invest on one player, the black mail theory, just way to much!!!

Kashta

Always Niko's fault.....
Jun 24, 2008
USA West Coast
Real Name
Susan
I have a few minutes before I need to leave again.

The possibility of Lab Rat being blackmailed into her vote on Dawg was a good suggestion, and one I hadn't considered yet.... I had seen that in the rules but for some reason it didn't stick in my head. But after thinking this over, I don't think even that explains away Lab's posting this game. Sure, if she were blackmailed to vote Dawg, a pro-town way of doing it would be to come up with the flimsiest reason she could think of to justify it. And I will grant her reasoning is very flimsy.

However, the blackmail thing only applies to a person's single vote. The Don wouldn't be able to make Lab Rat act scummy in other ways, which I feel she's been in several of her other posts.... not just who she picked to vote for and why.

That said, I'll leave my vote where it is.

I've also been thinking about Salt's behavior/attitude. Not sure who it was that already made the comment and I don't have time to go back to pull posts right now.... but someone had mentioned before that it isn't uncommon for a new player to join into a game, expecting it's appropriate to come across like a wise guy and just take the mafia theme persona too far. Noobs don't always realize they're supposed to pretend to be innocent (whether they are or not) and browsing through a game or two beforehand isn't going get that point across, specifically. I also feel any that among any possible mix of players who could be teamed together, at least one of them would be bound to tell Salt to lighten up or STFU already -- before he got himself into so much trouble. At this point, I'm not sure yet which way to lean Salt... which is why I don't like making day 1 judgements on noobs, even when they are acting suspicious.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store