Mafia Games....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
I think to stop UDs a rule should be made that you need to place a vote right after nightfall. It can always be retracted but you need to name a new vote at the same time.

Could be interesting to see who votes who and might even help teams decide on who is what.

Of course there needs to be a time limit as not everyone is always around at night fall but I think most could check in and place a vote by say 7 AM the next morning.

Actually it won't stop UDs.
But if they don't vote then they UD we won't have to worry about votes sitting on people near night fall that end up as UDs. We'll have more time to switch to others.

I pretty much disagree with forcing folks to vote immediately at daybreak and even one hour before nightfall. Sometimes in the game, timing is everything. Instead of changing the rules, we need to change the mentality of those who UD.

Obviously things come up and people will accidentally UD, but it's those who do it constantly that present the problem. If I UD'd even once, I'd be extremely embarrassed (for having let my team down) and would understand a 2-3 game sit out period.

I'd really hate to see the rules change to accomodate the UD issue. When chronic UDers sign up, instead of saying 'Hey, welcome aboard!!' or 'Woo Hoo! So-and-so's playing!' we should say 'Sorry, Bud, come back in a couple of games and we'll see if you're still up for it.'

clown-lover

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Fargo, ND
I pretty much disagree with forcing folks to vote immediately at daybreak and even one hour before nightfall. Sometimes in the game, timing is everything. Instead of changing the rules, we need to change the mentality of those who UD.

Obviously things come up and people will accidentally UD, but it's those who do it constantly that present the problem. If I UD'd even once, I'd be extremely embarrassed (for having let my team down) and would understand a 2-3 game sit out period.

I'd really hate to see the rules change to accomodate the UD issue. When chronic UDers sign up, instead of saying 'Hey, welcome aboard!!' or 'Woo Hoo! So-and-so's playing!' we should say 'Sorry, Bud, come back in a couple of games and we'll see if you're still up for it.'
I have to agree with with this.. I felt horrible about having to back out of this game.. But like others have said RL things have to take precidence, but I don't want to see this game become bogged down with rules.. I wanted to play the current game as well but even with Dawn's condition getting better I don't have the time.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
No one said anything about votes being locked in at 7 PM EST.

I said if they haven't voted by 7 PM EST then consider them a UD so anyone on that person can switch to someone else.

I know no one has done it that I can remember but I'd be pissed if I and others had someone lynched only to come off and have them vote at 7:59.

I think most of us vote early anyway. I know I do most times just because I don't trust technology. I'd be pissed to wait till the last few minutes only to lose connection or something and die. Its bad enough hoping theres no surge, connection dump, comp freeze etc when we're doing last second switches.

IceH2O

Bazinga
Nov 26, 2005
Rock Hill,South Carolina
Real Name
Ice
I could have played this game, I lied about relatives visiting.

I just thought that I'd get lynched pretty quick for the last game and didn't think it would be fair to whichever team I was on.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store