Magnun 350 ,Penguin 330

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chinaman

AC Members
Dec 2, 2005
hawaii
Do u think that a magnum 350 and a penguin 330 is enough filtration for a 30 gallon tank. the reason is that its not removing all the wast in my tank.

anonapersona

Reads a lot, knows a little
Mar 7, 2003
Houston
Visit site
should be way more than you need!

The two of those together are enough, maybe too much even. If the tank is dirty, you have some other problem. Perhaps it is how you clean the filter, maybe you feed too much.

How often do you clean the filter? How do you do it? do you clean the tubings out?

chinaman

AC Members
Dec 2, 2005
hawaii
anonapersona said:
The two of those together are enough, maybe too much even. If the tank is dirty, you have some other problem. Perhaps it is how you clean the filter, maybe you feed too much.

How often do you clean the filter? How do you do it? do you clean the tubings out?
I clean the filters once every one or two months and i do clean the tubings for both filters. I feed my fishes 3 times a day and My fishes are one pleco, two 4 inch. blood parrots and two 4inch. jack dempsey.

Dolfan

AC Members
Sep 29, 2005
The penguin 330 should be enough. You need to rinse out the filter cartridges once every 2 weeks or so. This keeps the flow rate high, and removes any excess crud collected by the blue floss. You should also change 10%-20% of your water every 1 or 2 weeks. I change 33%-50% every 3 weeks and both my tanks are crystal clear. Good luck!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store