Marineland Stealth recall update

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Lab_Rat

Merry Christmas!
Dec 3, 2009
Deep South
Just swapped out my heaters today...I have at least 4 stealths going back. Makes me very glad I had a bunch of hydors in storage from when Petsmart cleared them out. None of my tanks have to go cold.

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
I just bought a bunch of Eheim Jagers as emergency backups for some of my tanks. Unfortunately, I didn't anticipate the regular stealths being recalled, and I didn't get any higher wattage ones. I have 2 250w in my 125, so now I need to get something for that as well. I'm thinking titanium with a controller this time around. I'm finding it very hard to trust any heater right now. Ironically, the best one I have is a 4 year old Penn Plax 50w. I use it in a fry tank it it has been rock steady reliable since day 1.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
that marineland link is about worthless....just a copy of the CPSC notice. They (Marineland) didn't even have the sack to post a direct link on their homepage. Not to mention ignoring the issue for almost 18 months and trying to use Petsmart to handle the initial recall for them. Guess the eye injury finally forced them to own up and do a backside reporting of the issue, simulating concern.

maxthedog123

Can't have too many Tiger Barbs...
Jun 6, 2007
Cincinnati, OH
I am I reading this correctly that the Visitherm Deluxe is not affected?

The Zigman

Here fishy fishy fishy!!!
Oct 5, 2007
Near Chicago, Il.
www.uglymuggs.com

sinner41265

AC Members
Jun 20, 2008
North Carolina
Real Name
Barry
I called in today to start the replacement process for my two Stealth heaters (50 watt and 250 watt original Stealths). Here's how the process works: You call in and tell them what models you will need replacements (or refunds) for. They will send out equivalent Visi-Therm Deluxe heaters. When you receive the replacements, call them confirm delivery. They will arrange to have FedEx come and pick up the Stealth heaters you are returning.

Good news is: no tanks need to go unheated !

rocker92

Shine On You Crazy Diamond
Sep 29, 2008
Minnesota
what happens with the refund, do they mail you a check, or what?

kj5kb

KEEPER OF CATS, FISH AND CATFISHES
Mar 1, 2007
Spring Hill Kansas SW of Kansas City
Real Name
Don
funny how that is...two Stealths with poor regulation that i've been meaning to send back for months...and found another last week that has excessive leakage current.

Like others, some of my most reliable ones are my chinese made cheapies.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store