Mbuna Vacation Pond (PS. Demasoni)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Pittbull

ALL BOW DOWN TO THE FIN GODS
Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
OK so today i added 3 Medium sized Neolamprologus Cylindricus, I know this is a Mbuna theme setup but these three should be fine and will focus on each other, I have the 14 Demasoni ready to go but will wait one more week to be sure plus i ordered 6 more today and will arrive tomorrow..

The water Temp is at 75 degree and we have a week in the mid 80's so i would say Sunday is the day..

austinpetemo

AC Members
Sep 25, 2007
Newton Falls, OH
id say go for it already lol, my tanks are like 70 and mine are fine. id love to have a setup like that, how much faster do the fish grow in a setup like that?

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Mbuna grow freakishly fast due to insect life and copious amounts of swimming area also algae is abundant, The Tangs are a first time situation so i will see what happens with them, yeah i will give it til Sunday just to make sure i have noticed over the years you can not rush a large pond for Mbuna or Cichlids when it comes to this..

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Go for it Blue threaten to cut off extra activities at home and see how fast he comes around.. LOL
I wonder which are those extra activities you are talking about...:uhoh:

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
...because I'm worried about Mr Blue's well-being...:confused:

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Oh, what a great relief I feel now!!! :lol2:

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
Wow, that is absolutely amazing! :D

I did something similar, although not nearly as pretty. I used an above ground pool (~650 gallons) that was gifted to me and a DIY gravity filter...basically pea gravel with water forced to trickle down it. It was just a black plastic wastebasket, holes drilled all around. I used filter floss for the top level, one whole bag of PolyFill. What I found so weird, was that SOMEHOW, earthworms got in there and they were breeding like crazy in the mucky polyester fiber!!

Needless to say, my compost was exceptional that year ;)

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
Coolness... First batch of Demasoni went in today and I may have messed up, weather folk is calling for a chilly weekend around 60's - dam it meteorology..

I will wait for the weekend and see what happens if all is go by Sunday the rest will go out..

Pittbull

Apr 14, 2007
Louisville Kentucky
Real Name
Mike
UPDATE

Current stock in pond..

20 Ps. Demasoni 2"
11 Livingstoni fry 1"
3 N. Cylindricus 3"
1 Betta my daughter threw out there

All plants are doing great and coming along nicely..

Photos

Some of the under water photos didn't turn out to well but this is a pond of sorts..

002.JPG

009.JPG

010.JPG

001.JPG

008.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

002.JPG 009.JPG 010.JPG 001.JPG 008.JPG 005.JPG 006.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store