Missing Angelicus Loaches

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

aparker2005

AC Members
Apr 15, 2007
Arkansas
So I got 4 angelicus botia yesterday. I'm only seeing 2. I have a large piece of wood with 2 small holes. I saw 2 of them go in yesterday and I'm afraid they're stuck. Any way to possibly get them out, and does anyone have a recommendation on where to get large driftwood that natural looking and won't break the bank? I need to get rid of this decoration. Do you think they'll eventually come out?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
I would not worry. And do not try to force them out. I mentioned recently (may have been one of your threads, not sure) about loaches being very fond of wood tunnels. And being new in the tank they are likely to be very stressed and thus more likely to hide for a time. Sometimes they become hyper-active due to stress when moved, and can charge up and down a tank wall. Just let them settle, whatever means of settling they decide on.

Good wood is the dark brown Malaysian Driftwood.

Byron.

aparker2005

AC Members
Apr 15, 2007
Arkansas
3 loaches today during feeding time. I'm really starting to think the 4th is stuck in that decoration. I haven't seen him since he went in it. Still leave it alone?

Byron Amazonas

AC Members
Jul 22, 2013
Pitt Meadows (within Greater Vancouver, BC) Canada
Real Name
Byron
Success! He just came out. All 4 accounted for!
Good to hear. If a fish gets in, they can usually get out, when it is themselves entering wood tunnels or crevices. A fish getting pulled into a filter is a very different matter.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store