Monster Energy Drinks vs. Monster Fish Keepers...spread the word!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

chibikaie

AC Members
Nov 19, 2011
New England, USA
On a lighter note, would it be too much to ask for some sort of "support MFK" merchandise to hit the store in the near future? I think it would be another great way to spread the word and show that we are confident in having the law on our side by potentially designing them with the logos in question. I'd certainly get a sticker or two if not some other type of accessory.
I think this is a good idea, especially as I am sure proceeds will go toward defending the site. I've learned a lot from the community here.

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
I've messaged most of my friends on facebook to join in too

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
One additional comment. I'm wondering why Monster Fish Keepers / Monster Aquaria Network logo ever became so prevalent on AquariaCentral. I feel it's diminished its credibility somewhat and it's friendly community appearance. How do the guppy or endler or betta enthusiasts feel since this community was tagged as monster fish keepers? While I do own some "monster" fish, I do love the small community fish as well and would bet the majority of AC members feel the same way. One member went so far some years ago to even create a poll to see how others felt. Although there were only 46 responses, it's representative of the community as a whole. See it here-

http://www.aquariacentral.com/forum...riaCentral-or-Monster-***********s&styleid=18

I say bring back the original AC vibe and keep MFK separate.
Glad to see some old timers around!

As a note...46 posts in that thread until charlie revived it. Those 46 posts came from 25 members. Ironic about 46 posts and 46 votes...lol. Of the 25 posters, 10 of them are still active here, as in, posting in the last 6 months.

For the other 15 folks, 4 haven't been here since 2007, 2 since 2008, 1 since 2009, 5 since 2010, and 3 since 2011.

It wasn't but a small snapshot of folks actually active on AC for a thread that basically ran 2 days and drew little attention.

To me, 40% retention after 5 years is amazing...

bert

ENJOYING THE HIGH DESERT OF NEVADA
Nov 2, 2003
NEVADA
www.truckflix.com
Who do these companies think they are thinking they can take over the english lanquage and telling everyone else they are not allowed to use a letter from the alphabet ? this is arrogance plain & simple. If a Boycott would work then i would say go for it however, most of the consumers who buy that garbage are young kids trying to keep their "already" over energized wired state of mind that way and drink can after can of that garbage. The Tallest cans is what they buy and will consume massive amounts of it. No wonder some of these "people ' cannot attend a public function such as a simple ball game without turning cars over & setting fires & breaking storefront windows, AND THAT IS WHEN THEY ARE CELEBRATING THEIR TEAM WINNING, Imagine the carnage if the team LOST !!! I believe these massive amounts of energy drinks consumed by those who cannot handle not only the high SUGAR energy, but life & decency itself, in my opinion ! In the San francisco bay area, & other large cities nation wide are BANNING the sale of LARGE SWEET DRINKS AT hamburger joints & theaters, malls etc. I think they should do the same with this " M " drink !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mdwalt1

AC Members
Jan 11, 2003
Texas Gulf Coast
Visit site
Glad to see some old timers around!

As a note...46 posts in that thread until charlie revived it. Those 46 posts came from 25 members. Ironic about 46 posts and 46 votes...lol. Of the 25 posters, 10 of them are still active here, as in, posting in the last 6 months.

For the other 15 folks, 4 haven't been here since 2007, 2 since 2008, 1 since 2009, 5 since 2010, and 3 since 2011.

It wasn't but a small snapshot of folks actually active on AC for a thread that basically ran 2 days and drew little attention.

To me, 40% retention after 5 years is amazing...
Yes, AC still thrives and it's because of that friendly, community atmosphere that people stick around. I've been a member for nearly a decade and think its still one of the best aquaria sites out there. Everyone here feels like they're on equal terms and no one is superior. Unlike other more academic sites where this can occur.

There is a friendly vibe here. Although the look has evolved a bit and there's that monster fish thing going on, the core remains the same. I just wish the branding of the sites were more distinctive that, although under the same umbrella, each were unique to their specific interest - monster fish vs community fish (with sub forums for additional categories as there are now.)

Btw - I spoke with Neoprodigy personally about 4 years ago and brought up my concern over his new logo. The M with horns and a tail had been done before. I gave him specifics and he said he was unaware until after he'd already registered the MFK logo. Looks like he's been able to dodge the bullet this long. Let's hope he's successful moving forward. Although I've been clear that I'd not be unhappy with a distinctive AC logo.

Rbishob, thanks for the stats on the member retention. This is an amazing place!

platytudes

AC Members
Nov 4, 2006
Panama City, FL
Real Name
Nicole
I have a suggestion that seems reasonable to me.....the logo sucks....the name sucks......what say we let them have both....maybe ask for financial considerations.
So, you've been a member since 2009, and you have 13 posts since then. And out of those 13, this is one of them?

Thanks. We'll prorate your input on this issue...

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Yep, I agree. Even with the MAN overall emblem, we need a distinctive AC and AP emblem.

mtc59

Registered Member
Mar 13, 2010
I think Monster Drink like are MMMMMMMMMMMMMM better then the one they use!

I say Go FISH...............................................!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store