Monster Energy Drinks vs. Monster Fish Keepers...spread the word!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Derringer

... overstock this!
Apr 8, 2007
Indiana
I have a suggestion that seems reasonable to me.....the logo sucks....the name sucks......what say we let them have both....maybe ask for financial considerations.
OUCH!

I agree the logo and the name isn't all that, but this is about principle - monster energy has no case! I've been sued before by another company who used the same common dictionary word in their company name.... I told them from the get go where they could go and they eventually just went away. Course they were not a big well known company with millions to blow and simply bully. But IMO theres no need to spend any money on stupid cases like this that have no merit! Theres no way your name would be confused with the monster drink nor your use of the letter m in the logo. This is truly a joke of a case and I wouldnt spend a dime defending it.

fshfanatic

AC Members
Apr 7, 2006
Arizona
Real Name
Mike
OUCH!
But IMO theres no need to spend any money on stupid cases like this that have no merit!
That's just it unless they pull the suit, MFKs will have to spend money to fight it.
This is truly a joke of a case and I wouldnt spend a dime defending it.
Then you would lose.

Elna1998

Registered Member
Sep 6, 2012
RF
Just thought I'd drop you a line to tell you your www.aquariacentral.com really rocks! I have been looking for this sort of information for a long time.. I don't usually reply to posts but I will in this case. WoW terrific great.

aquakrishtine

AC Members
Aug 23, 2012
Real Name
K. Sant
Just wondering out loud if Monster Energy Drinks have also thought of suing Lady Gaga for being the "Mother Monster" and her "monster" followers. :D Like seriously, why should anyone get exclusivity to a very common name and letter?!?!?

stevencaller

AC Members
Sep 19, 2012
aquaristmagazine.com
I think monster (energy drinks) should be ashamed of themselves, monsterfishkeepers clearly owns the rights to use the m symbol and the energy drinks firm just wants to out last them regarding legal costs. I'm never going to buy a monster energy drink ever again, (I haven't actually bought one). I say we sprad the word and turn this battle in monsterfishkeppers' favour!!!!

stevencaller

AC Members
Sep 19, 2012
aquaristmagazine.com
what about bombarding them with complaints, if everybody who signs the petition also sends monster a complaint and some kind of statement that they will boycott their drink and spread the negative word to all of their friends it may make a difference. Even if it doesn't stop the legal proceedings, at least we have had our say, but you never know, it might make a difference.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store