More corys

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Wyomingite Wyomingite I knows te reason she is hiding and swimming. She got some swimming issues and can swim on her own. Maybe its swim bladder issues? Can I save her?
I have a peacock cichlid with the same issue , it’s 10 months and only one inch but it doing well. All it’s siblings were 3.5” when I sold them last month

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Wyomingite Wyomingite I knows te reason she is hiding and swimming. She got some swimming issues and can swim on her own. Maybe its swim bladder issues? Can I save her?
Maybe. Try feeding a plant-based flake food or some mashed peas, that might help. It could be stress-related, although swim bladder issues caused solely by stress are pretty rare. If it is it may correct in a couple of days. It could also be an infection caused by the stress of moving, which might require meds. This last is what I figure is most likely.

Hard to tell for sure what's going on, especially on such a small fish. I'd try the food for a few days and if it hasn't corrected you'll have to decide if you want to spend the time and resources to try to save it.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Maybe. Try feeding a plant-based flake food or some mashed peas, that might help. It could be stress-related, although swim bladder issues caused solely by stress are pretty rare. If it is it may correct in a couple of days. It could also be an infection caused by the stress of moving, which might require meds. This last is what I figure is most likely.

Hard to tell for sure what's going on, especially on such a small fish. I'd try the food for a few days and if it hasn't corrected you'll have to decide if you want to spend the time and resources to try to save it.

WYite
+1
And if you want to put the time into saving it, I’d get a cheap 3g plastic tank for it to have to itself so it’s not competing for food. If it grows big enough then put it in you main tank.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
+1
And if you want to put the time into saving it, I’d get a cheap 3g plastic tank for it to have to itself so it’s not competing for food. If it grows big enough then put it in you main tank.
With getting another tank will be a problem... can no get it anywehere close to me and fast. I could use the trap box to feed her? Poor wee guppie :(

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
With getting another tank will be a problem... can no get it anywehere close to me and fast. I could use the trap box to feed her? Poor wee guppie :(
I think the box will work, I raised a stray fry I found in one, maybe put a couple floating leaves for cover and keep it off to the side out of direct light

Reactions: Sprinkle
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store