More L144 fry...finally!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Temptress

Total Newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Minnesota
Yay Debbi! That's exciting stuff! :dance2:

Turns out I have 1 confirmed male and 3 confirmed females, perfect! Now if they'd just get busy.. I could join you in celebrating! haha

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Need to play some Barry White!:naughty:

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
Unfortunately I lost this entire hatch. I thought they'd be ok in a large speciman container hung inside the tank (to stay warm), and 2 or 3 times a day I emptied half the water in the speciman tank back into the main tank and refilled it with that tank's water again. I lost half of them one day and the other half the next day. I think this happened on the 2nd day after hatching. I'm really not sure why this happened. I didn't think they'd pollute the water in the container very much. I have to guess it's because the water was unfiltered though.

The fry that hatched 2 days prior are doing great, they have grown like weeds and if it wasn't for the cold weather, they'd be up for sale right now. The main meal is zuchinni for them. And Hikari First Bites....they love this stuff! They are still turning their noses up at Hikari algae wafers and Ken's earthworm sticks, but are now eating Kens veggie sticks. I'll try to get a pic of them this week.

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
Sorry to hear about the losses. I hatched a clutch of BN eggs in a net breeder a while back, then turned them loose into the tank after the yolk sacs were gone. The net was placed directly in the front of the aquaclear hob to help circulate water through it. I feed all my fry NLS Grow pellets and Ken's Premium Veggie Flake with canned green beans occaisonally for variety.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
I've never found balls of alien goo which release tiny facesuckers so cute.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store