More than you ask for

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
About a month ago I bought 6 red jewel cichlids on a whim because I've liked them since I was a kid. Shipped from Mississippi, I got one extra, so seven. My thoughts were they were just a few months old and I had a couple months to settle them in. And find maybe a couple "economic tanks". Three days later I had to save 5 of them from angry pair guarding a nice circle of eggs. So, luckily I saw in time. Another 3 days and I needed new home for three scared onlooking jewels..another circle of eggs. The remaining three singles lived with 5 blackskirt tetras for about 10 days, and I figured I had a handfull of bachelors. Four days ago two of them came into color and one suddenly preferred hanging out at surface of water. This morning I started thinking I needed to add something to tank so less commotion might induce these guys to decide they were safe. Saw one of them in corner of tank fluttering funny..thought oh no somebody's sick..looking closer there is a circle of eggs on two sides of glass about 4 inches from bottom. So I have three mating pairs of what I believe are H. Cristatus. Abd over my other shoulder a gold angelfish is beginning to lay on a slate while her black "DD" mate watches with me. :huh:Must be low pressure front.

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
Might as well call yoursepf the fishy love guru :D

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
I just spent the last two hours trying to upload to photobucket or Facebook, and failed. Strangely, the old site at Kodakshare seemed to upload, but nothing as far as dispersing from there. Don't know if it is glitch at photobucket, but first two pictures I ever took with this camera shouldn't take over 10 minutes to upload should it? Yes, I am greenhorn with computer. I'll keep trying after I get some rest. Sorry.

Captain Jim

AC Members
May 12, 2012
Hey Joe..thanks for your interest, unfortunately, I'm being told they are a common guttatus species. They really are interesting, though.

Treefork

AC Members
Oct 20, 2010
Northeast Indiana
pets.groups.yahoo.com
Real Name
Joe
Hey Joe..thanks for your interest, unfortunately, I'm being told they are a common guttatus species. They really are interesting, though.
Ah darn. Still pretty cool about the crazy spawnings. :)

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store