Moved to Central Texas

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
Hello everyone!

This seems like a great forum and I hope to learn lots.

I have played around with fish tanks for a few years and recently moved. I gave away our fish and brought 3 tanks to the new place (well 4 but it has a turtle in it)

So I have 2 - 55 gal tanks and 1 - 120 gal tank.

Before I had an odd mixture of African Cichlids in the large tank. We even had a few fish born in it. I want to start fresh and I want to make sure that I do not get a bunch of fish that will just kill each other off. I have found that some fish just do not play well with others.

I like the Lake Malawi Peacocks and I like lots of color. Any suggestions. Just going to Petsmart and buying africans can not be the smartest way to do it. I want to raise them all together and maybe even over crowd the tank a bit.

Thanks,

John

I will look for some old pics of the tanks before we left...

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
And if anyone knows of a good place to buy fish in Central Texas, let me know... I am in Salado (south of Temple)...

fish_freak

Retired Mod
Feb 15, 2002
Great Barrington, MA
Hello John welcome to AC! :hi:
Your right going to petsmart and randomly picking fish is definately not a good way to get a good mix of fish. Im going to copy your post to the cichlids forum on the board so that you will get more responses to your question on fish sugestions. It will have the same title so look for it there too. Hope you enjoy the site!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Welcome to AC!

John, since you obviously have some experience, after you settle on what you would like, maybe order from a reputable breeder in your area or on-line?

Mgamer20o0

BobsTropicalPlants.com
Staff member
Jun 4, 2003
www.bobstropicalplants.com
i know there is a fish club in texas. i have heard people talk about it but not living there i have no idea where its at. i agree with rbishop. nothing like getting fish from reputable breeder then lfs. i have got some of my fish from the local fish club. thats one of the reason why i point it out. good luck.

johnlarson66

These Pandas Rock
Sep 25, 2006
Fayetteville, NC
www.facebook.com
Real Name
John Larson
I will look locally. We moved here from North Carolina. I had well water there. Here the water taste a little odd, so I am not real sure how it is for fish. I am buying a few yellow labs and see how they do, then I will fill it up.

Thanks for everyones replys and messages. I can't wait until I have more time to read here...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store