Moving cories from 10gal to 33gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sdb

AC Members
May 4, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
I just added some fish to my fishless cycled 33gal. I have four cories in my 10gal, with my male betta, that I'm thinking of moving over to the new tank.
I believe the four cories will get too big for the 10gal, will they not? (If not, I'll leave them there and get new ones for the 33gal)

Anyway, if I have to move them, I've read that cories should not be introduced to new tanks, that they (the new tanks) should be established for at least a month with fish in them. I just need confirmation that this is true, and how long should I actually wait before moving them?

Also, to move them, do I just net them out and dump them in the new one? The tank params/temp is the same in both tanks.
Thanks. :)

Last edited:

sdb

AC Members
May 4, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
OK, thanks. :)
But should they be moved to the bigger tank? Or could they live out their life in the 10gal. I don't want to move them if I don't have to, but if the 10gal is too small, I will. Oh, they are peppered cories, if it makes a difference.

sdb

AC Members
May 4, 2004
British Columbia, Canada
Visit site
All that's in there is a male betta, and I doubt I'd ever add anything else.
Maybe I'll just leave them be, then. It's a fun tank to watch as the betta and cories tease each other, especially at feeding time when the betta steals the sinking pellets meant for the cories.
Thanks for the info.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store