mudskippers

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bhub1979

AC Members
Sep 13, 2007
that's very difficult to find dwarf mudskippers in france
i still don't find any dwarf indian mudskippers

blazingazn

AC Members
Oct 2, 2005
Queens, NY
is there a way to tell an indian mudskipper from an atlantic one? i know the indian is smaller, but what about an adult indian and a juvenille atlantic thats roughly the same size? i once saw some mudskippers at the lfs, but they werent labled as which species. i really wanted one so badly but decided against it since i couldnt specifically ID it to learn about their proper care.

MudskipperFan

AC Members
Aug 5, 2008
no
Real Name
nah
I've got 3 in a 20 gallon with a 10 inch or so platform covered with sand and slopping so that part of the 'beach' is in water, part is dry. They're doing quite well, thus far the aggression has been limited to dorsal flaring and chasing, usually over food or a favorite spot. They take bloodworms, small cubed krill or chopped large krill very well. I also feed them a brine shrimp/spirulina mix one or twice a week to keep their diet varied. Crickets weren't a huge hit, probably because it's hard to find any small enough for these guy when they're still young. Ghost shrimp go over better but I'm not sure they know what to do when they catch them, lol. Right now their tank mates are 1 molly, 2 red chromides, and a fiddler crab.

I attached a picture of the tank if you're interested. :)
Wow. :jaw:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store