Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I am over 70. I lived though some of the greatest music made. For most here you have likely never heard the stuff I will post. Listen or not as you choose. You will likely enjoy some things. I wll post more over time and if people listen I will keep adding and it they don't I will stop. let me start with something not so old but which most people may not even know eisted. There is an organization called Playing for Change which produces and records some very neat stuff. I hzave to play this one every few months. it helps keep me sane in a world that has gone mostly crazy

OK- here is Fleetwood Mac- not the 60s stuff- but still amazing enjoy.

O wo;; post polder stuff ne time.

Last edited:
Reactions: dudley
Apr 2, 2002
New York
In the 1970s i lived in CT in the Hartford area. I was a part owner of a sound company. We did a lof of college and club shows. The music cover a wide spectrum- country, blue grass, rock, blues, gospel, latin, jazz, acapella. One of the artists we worked with a a jazz violinist, Jean-Luc Ponty and the song is entitled Mouna Bowa. He wrote this song in 1990 but I came to it from a band called String Cheese incident who covered the song. Here are both versions, you decide which one you like better. I chose a 1999 live performance for Jean-Luc and one of the several avail live versions from String Cheese.

Please do not tap your feet nor get blown away by the bass player...
Jean Luc Ponty performing Mouna Bowa 1999, Warsaw, Poland

and String Cheese Incident- Mouna Bowa (HD) 7/24/2010 (I think this was recorded at Red Rocks Amphitheatre which is an open-air amphitheatre built into a rock structure near Morrison, Colorado, 10 miles west of Denver.)

Apr 2, 2002
New York
In 1969 the Rolling Stones recorded the live album "Get Your Yayas Out." It was recorded during two concerts: 6 November 1969, Baltimore, MD and 27–28 November 1969, New York City. I was at the Baltimore show. We had 18 seats 12 in one row and 6 behind. I spent most of the show dancing on the arms of my chair. Turn up the volume, please.

But I was a Stones fan long before then and they made some great music before then as well. Here is one of my favs from 1967.

I think for the next post I will back up into the 50s. I was pretty young then but learned to appreaciate the music from those years as I aged.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I was pretty young in the 50s. It took me a while to understand that the music in the 60s built upon what came before.

Little Walter- 1955

Buddy Holly 1958

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Life is the third studio album by funk/soul band Sly and the Family Stone, released in September 1968 on Epic/CBS Records. This is the title song:

Life, life
Clouds and clowns
You don't have to come down

Life, woo ooo, life, woo ooo
Tell it like it is
You don't have to die before you live

You might get angry sometimes
But don't let it turn you around
ll you gotta do is get your livin' now

Life, life
Clouds and clowns

You might be scared of somethin' look at Mr. Stewart
He's the only person he has to fear
He'd only let himself get near

He don't trust nobody
If he stopped bein' so shady
He could have a nice young lady

Life, life
Tell it like it is

You're gonna be sad sometimes
You might wake up to find your pet is gone
But maybe, he's tired of bein' alone

Dog gets hip, it has to go
If you're lovin' you can't be sad no more

Life, life
Clouds and clowns

Life, woo ooo, life, woo ooo
Tell it like it is

Source: LyricFind
Songwriters: Sylvester Stewart

"Shotgun" is a 1965 single by Junior Walker & the All Stars,

Reactions: dudley
Apr 2, 2002
New York
"Love Me Do" is the debut single by the English rock band The Beatles, backed by "P.S. I Love You". When the single was originally released in the United Kingdom on 5 October 1962, it peaked at number 17. In 1982 it was re-promoted (not re-issued, retaining the same catalogue number) and reached number four. It was released in the United States in 1964, where it became a number one hit.
from wiki

The original release:

Years later we can see who the Beattles reeally can be at heart when they are messing around.

Reactions: Craig_D
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Who would think that a Scotsman would become a musical star in the 60s/70s. The first song has a sort of fish theme and is from 1969. If on a monitor, play it full screen.

The next one was one of the earliest he did released in 1966.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
:cool:

Apr 2, 2002
New York
i was a working partner in a sound company, Smilin Jack Enterprises, Ltd. We were based in East Hartford and then South Windsor, CT in the mid-1079s. We did a lot of once night work at colleges and clubs. I usually did the mix for the audience system and occasionally I did the on stage monitor mix for the band. We also did the home football game for a Hartford based college for a few seasons. So I figured I would link some of the folks with whom we worked.

We did a show with Taj who was performing as a duo with a bass player. In keeping with this being a fish site, here is another take

The sound company got its start because my partner in the business and I sponsored, managed a band and did the sound system for a local band. As a result we amassed a lot of equipment. We got a call one afternnon asking us if there was anyway we could do the sound for a band booked at a local college and they had messed yup and there was no audio booked. We scrambled and did the show and thus was born a sound company even as the band we had backed folded.

This was the hit song playing om the radio at that time

We were booked to do a college show outdoors on the quad. It was to start in the late afternnon and run into the evening with two acts. Fairport Convention and Donald Byrd and the Blackbyrds. After hours of work to get it all set up and then the rains came. The result was that a massive move indoors began and the opening act got cancelled.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
One of my all time favorite bands was fairly short lived. Traffic, featuring Steve Windwood, made music with a unique sound compared to a lot of the other groups. I still play it today. Here are three tunes from them. Enjoy.

Reactions: Nyk0nn and dudley
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store