My 125 Tank Build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
Durso Pipe

Here are some pics of the Durso. The first one is the exploded assy and the only pieces missing are the basic pvc tube. The second pic is the assembled Durso except for the stand pipe, waiting to install it and cut it to the right height.

Sorry about the towel shot, but I was assembling it in the garage becuase of the fumes of the PVC cleaner and glue. Man does that stuff smell.

I added the strainer becuase this "should" help to keep snails out.

Exploded Durso.jpg Durso Assy.jpg

Dustin83

AC Members
Nov 17, 2005
Orange County, CA
good idea on the little filter thing for the durso pipe.

My only suggestion would be to make sure you check up on it regularly to see that it's clean. My concern would be that if it clogs up with stuff, it could potentially have the same impact as snail getting stuck in it.

Great idea though.. I never thought of that.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
good idea on the little filter thing for the durso pipe.

My only suggestion would be to make sure you check up on it regularly to see that it's clean. My concern would be that if it clogs up with stuff, it could potentially have the same impact as snail getting stuck in it.

Great idea though.. I never thought of that.
Dustin, thought of that when my LFS suggested it. The good thing is that my overflow is at a side where I can easily look through and see it...I had the same concern-still do, but figured that at least this could keep snails from clogging up the system. This pipe is 1 1/2 inches.

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
Grins: I will have to check this out. Sounds like a good thing, aren't they supposed to be impervious to bacteria and that is why they are so popular as cutting boards?
Well that was the claim at first but then I believe there were reports later that a properly maintained wooden board would be just as safe in food prep.

Ok, here is a pic of the stand and canopy from Dayton Cabinets that I ordered. They come KD and unfinished. Total price was ~650 I think for the two of them; and that is shipped.
Oh fabulous deal!

holy dang that is one nice tank!
I live near some fabulous tanks. One of the guy's has a tank so clean we accused him of bleaching his rocks during weekly water changes.

Almondsaz

AC Members
May 26, 2007
The Stand and Canopy Arrive

I am pretty excited becuase today the 4 boxes arrived via UPS. I was impressed with the shipping boxes and moreso once I opened them up. The pieces are marked to facilitate putting them together (hopefully I won't screw that up) and then all the parts (screws, hinges, etc) are all in another bag. The doors all came in one box as well. Here are a few pics of the boxes as they arrived and once they were opened.

I got both of these off ebay from David Crips from Dayton Cabinets. The stand 72x18 and the canopy 72x18 both shipped for $650. They are red oak:)

build (1 of 7).jpg build (2 of 7).jpg build (3 of 7).jpg build (4 of 7).jpg build (5 of 7).jpg build (6 of 7).jpg build (7 of 7).jpg

wantvws

AC Members
Jul 15, 2007
Waynesboro, VA
That is SO cool....I am kicking myself in the you-know-what for not going with them after seeing these pics.
I now have to unsubscribe to your thread....I can't bear to see this stand finished :D.
Robbie

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store