My 125g Tank journal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

00Smurf

The Fish Guy
Apr 15, 2008
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Well after weeks of searching i finally settled on a tank, Picked up a 125gallon former saltwater tank that came pre drilled with a sump. :) Here are pics of everything that was included with the deal.

Yay lots of stuff. Not bad for $275

Last edited:

00Smurf

The Fish Guy
Apr 15, 2008
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Well first off it took me 2 trips with my moms saturn vue to get it all moved. Couldn't fit the tank and stand in at the same time. The stand is custom build out of steel. It's not going to break. :) Once i got everything here i drug the tank out to the deck and proceeded to clean it of all the sand and salt Since i'm going freshwater. I then filled it full of water to double check for leaks.

Yay shes clean and she holds water. There are a couple little scratches here and there. But over all its in **** good shape for a tank from 95. It's got thick glass too.

Then came the next fun part, rearranging the bedroom to fit the tank. lol I was limited to 2 corners as i needed to be on the outside wall for maximum support. I finally got it all arranged how i liked.

Here it is with just the stand

Then I brought bring the tank in. Now keep in mind, all of this stuff was moveda nd carried up 2 flights of stairs by just me and my g/f. I couldn't find anyone else to help. lol but we got it done.

Lastly i filled her up with water to make sure it was level and see how the weight was supported. This was do or die time. Thankfully all went well and now i'm just waiting for the store to open so i can go get my substrate. Any recommendations?

00Smurf

The Fish Guy
Apr 15, 2008
Canal Winchester, Ohio
oh i also came with 2 sea anemones a turbo snail, some kind of fighting crab and 2 other snails. I traded em to a friend as i didn't know what to do with em. lol We set up a temp 10g salt tank for them until we can get his 30g going.

zanytomato

AC Members
Jul 31, 2007
Vancouver
good score.. I look forward to the updates as you go!

00Smurf

The Fish Guy
Apr 15, 2008
Canal Winchester, Ohio
Went and got my substrate today. 7 bags of fluorite and l bag of eco-complete. I think i have too much fluorite though. Its over and 1.5 to 2" thick in some places.

So i wasn't thinking when i put it in and never thought to wash off the fluorite. I thought it was like eco-complete where you just dump it in. lol So now i get the fun job of filling and draining and stirring till all thou cloudiness goes away.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store