My 25 gallon Stocking thoughts

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

MegaXan

AC Members
Aug 13, 2019
I got a 25T gallon tank cycled and with fish in it there all doing well
here is my current stock
2 Bolivian Rams
5 Common Hatchet Fish
5 Cory Cats

I was wondering if I could add a small school of tetras
or get an algae eater or maybe inverts but am worried of over stocking
the PH is 7.2
and Temp is 75, 76 F

Thank you for your time

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I'm not sure of your tank's dimensions, can you tell us please? I'd like otocinclus, say 5 or 6. Small shrimp will likely be ram food. Maybe instead of otos you could get 6 cardinal tetras...but all that depends on your tank dimensions.

I hope your tank is tightly covered, hatchets are jumpers.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, that is like a very tall standard 20g. Not much "footprint", so I wouldn't add much, if any, bottom fish. Maybe 6 neons or cardinals & call it stocked.

We're going to need some pics soon. Will you have live plants? They're always nice aesthetically & help with water quality & dividing up any territories. In almost any light you should be able to grow java ferns, anubias, or most cryptocorynes. Think about them if you haven't! OK, I belong to a plant club, lol.

MegaXan

AC Members
Aug 13, 2019
Heres the tank, also any way I could get a dwarf crawfish or too much or would get snacked on? and I really want a tight schooler that's colorful; but neons are great tho :) (sorry phone picture)

fish tank.jpg

Last edited:

MegaXan

AC Members
Aug 13, 2019
another question sorry but ive been feeding my fish Bug Bites any thing else I should feed them ?

Thank you for you time

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Variety is the spice of life, feed more kinds of foods...flakes, thawed frozen of any small kinds, etc, (pellets, all kind of foods!)

Your tank is quite nice! I'm not sure what those brownish plants are in the right corner?

MegaXan

AC Members
Aug 13, 2019
are there any inverts I can have? maybe with a small school of tetras or raboras or danios? im some what new in the hobby like 1 - 1 1/2 years in

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I had a crayfish once many years ago. It was not a good community animal. It built a lair & tried to "pinch" any fish that came near. I vote no.

How do you like mystery snails? 1 might work...a group of otocinclus? like I said before. OR neon tetras OR harlequin or espei rasboras

Are your rams a M & F pair? If so you may have breeding issues if the time comes. Any fish will eat eggs or small fry if they can...& most can.

Really, I understand you have volume of water, but not much in the way of surface or bottom space. That's a big difference when stocking. It also depends on your water changing & décor...& fish choices.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Oh, I should have said your tank looks nice! You might want to add some more rocks or wood, especially if the rams are a pair. What is your substrate? I like a dark color!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store