My 5 Gallon Planted Shrimp Tank (Vid/Pics)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ptrick125

Learning a lot everyday
Feb 2, 2012
Georgetown(Near Austin) ,Texas
www.patrick.international
Real Name
Patrick
I just got a 5.5 with a Betta two tetras and 4 ghost shrimp! 10 gallon filter gravel and hood with water $20 from my friend! I just bought the shrimp and long finned tetras.

Sent from my iPod touch using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

rowenna7

Registered Member
Apr 14, 2011
Your blue shrimp are beautiful! Maybe someday I'll have to get some, currently I have RCS but from what I understand it isn't a good idea to mix them. One of these days!! :)

flyinggig

AC Members
Jan 7, 2012
Trinity Bay, Newfoundland and Labrador
Real Name
Greg
I just got a 5.5 with a Betta two tetras and 4 ghost shrimp! 10 gallon filter gravel and hood with water $20 from my friend! I just bought the shrimp and long finned tetras.
Only a matter of time before betta decides he likes the taste of shrimp. Shrimp do much better (you'll see them more often) without any predators for tankmates. Even the tetras will pick at the shrimp stressing them out.
Just my two cents worth...... Betta will appreciate the live treats anyway!

Ashley87

AC Members
Jan 28, 2009
San Pedro, CA
Thanks! I'm noticing that there are tons of baby shrimp now. I'll need to get rid of some so my tank doesn't get over crowded. I'll most likely sell some on Craigslist, and maybe here on the marketplace. Although, I have never shipped live animals before, and I don't know the costs to get the boxes/styrofoam/breathable bags.
Let me know if you start sellin' any off, I'm looking to get some blue pearls started myself. :)

rufioman

"That guy"
Aug 16, 2010
Northern Arizona, USA.
Real Name
Heath
^ditto. Those little worms most likely hitched a ride on the driftwood. Boiling it will kill the buggers off quick.

bluebomber

AC Members
Jan 4, 2011
Northern Virginia
Let me know if you start sellin' any off, I'm looking to get some blue pearls started myself. :)
I'll let you know when I get set up for shipping these out.

Speaking of which, can anyone give me some tips on how to ship live shrimp, and where to get the things I need? I have java moss for them to cling to during shipping.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store