My 55gal Malawi tank (updated)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

bane125

AC Members
May 6, 2012
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetworkow App

Was wondering how a 2 in red devil will hold up in a tank of mostly african cics? He is tuff he is now in a high 29 g...but want to move him to a 93 g cube...alotta big boys in there

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thank you, Pearl! Well, the Christmas lights' reflex was a total success!!!

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetworkow App

Was wondering how a 2 in red devil will hold up in a tank of mostly african cics? He is tuff he is now in a high 29 g...but want to move him to a 93 g cube...alotta big boys in there
Almost certainly not good. Their aggressive behaviour is very different to the CA/SA Cichlid aggression. I would predict major problems.

bane125

AC Members
May 6, 2012
Wow lol ok thanks gents!!

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

efors

AC Members
Jun 17, 2008
San Juan, Puerto Rico
Thanks for your comment, Neatfish! Well, I think a red zebra would be too aggressive for the fishes I have in this setup. In the future I think I will add more peacocks and leave only 6 yellow labs as mbunas. But for a while, the tank will be as it is now.

Coler

AC Members
Jan 30, 2007
Labs and Peacocks can do well together and make a lovely display.

Thing about an all male peacock set-up is that medium - long term you need a Plan B for when things kick off, i.e. one of them starts getting mullered by the others, or a King Fish decides he owns the tank - basically need to be able to remove the problem fish. I would try and set up a second tank so that I could rotate them around as necessary...and have another great looking tank :D

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store