My 75 Turned Cloudy

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

itzazoo

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
Ook I have a 75gal with one 5" Fahaka Puffer(temporary Tank). It's been running for about 4 months now with no problems and crystal clear water. Currently running a Rena XP2 and a HOB Rena Smart filter. Two weeks ago I did my weekly 1/4 water change and a few days later my tank turned cloudy. I have done two other water changes since trying to get it cleared up. Both filters are working fine. Not sure whats happening. There is only the puffer and a 5" pleco in the tank. I was thinking of going and buying a bigger filter if it doesn't clear up soon. Any ideas?

the wizard

Is it really Niko's fault?
Jan 28, 2010
Real Name
David
All I can think of is a bacteria bloom.

itzazoo

AC Members
Aug 18, 2009
That's what I'm thinking. I'll continue with water changes and see what happens in a week or so.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
Generally bacteria blooms are formed by free floating hetreotrophic bacteria. Generally that means there is an abundance of organics in your water, whether it be from the water supply yourself or something in your routine (overfeeding, stirring up too much "gunk", etc.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store