My Aquapod 24

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dkoernert

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
Thanks, got2envy, been following your thread, sweet tank!

I try to keep it pretty simple. Its the stock tank, with the 150W Sunpod upgrade, Maxi-jet 1200 as the return, Koralia 1, koralia nano, Prizm skimmer (flame away but it works for me!). Weekly water changes, and I dont dose a darn thing.

Fish/inverts are: 1 occy, 1 Wheelers/pistol shrimp pair, 1 rainford goby.

I had a lot of problems in the beginning with this tank as a barebottom tank, it crashed, so I had to completely redo the whole thing, this time with sand.

Some more pics:
Milli:

Tri-color Valida:

Some zoas:

Various SPS:

and a clam I just moved to a bigger better home:

dkoernert

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
Thanks, if only I could get it looking like yours, That tank inspired me to get an aquapod in the first place. I just scored a sweet overflow box from my boss, and Im thinking about removing the false wall and throwing a sump on the bad boy, but I figure if it aint broke dont fix it.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
Awsome frogspawn man! i move mine around so much so it never gets the opp to get that big!

dkoernert

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
thanks, definitely the quickest grower in my tank by far. I got it about the size of a golf ball, its probably grapefruit sized when it is fully extended...its gonna have to go soon.

dkoernert

AC Members
Jul 16, 2009
The clam was approaching 5", and as you can see the tank is a little packed. I work for a fish store anyway so I can get one whenever.

Conski

AC Members
May 8, 2009
where do you keep the skimmer? do you have a sump attached?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store