My boots came in, hooray.....

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario

here they are, only mine dont have the metal plate on the heel sole.

Jaysn

AC Members
Jan 16, 2007
They'd be a lot cooler without the harley logo. Nice looking boots though, are they comfy?

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
there is only the logo on the calve part of the boot, the plate on the sole is missing from mine..... but yes they are comfy, especially since i made me a pair of orthotics for them :)

they're also insulated.

msjinkzd

AC Members
Feb 11, 2007
PA
msjinkzd.com
Real Name
Rachel O'Leary
is it grinders or gripfast that have the screw in soles? I can't remember, but the last time I bought boots it was them...and I loved them. Nice boots darksoul, I would yank the harley plate off.

DarkSoul

Mad Scientist
Mar 12, 2007
London, Ontario
:eek:mg: Now there's some serious butt-kick' boots. The Harley tag is fine.
agreed....and with my size 13EE feet, I have a VERY large pair of boots. they're very heavy too, which I also love.

though im quited peeved that one of the zipper handle thingys broke off on me, while I was trying to zip them up.

FishyFry

Feeds low on the food chain
Apr 7, 2007
Michigan
www.pandk.org
...though im quited peeved that one of the zipper handle thingys broke off on me, while I was trying to zip them up.
A small key ring thingy about 1/2 inch in diameter works well and looks fine. More to get a hold of too.. it will look similar to a pierce type ring. Thought you might like that. :)

j_chicago

Usually Drunk
May 12, 2007
Chicago, Il
Real Name
Jason
is it grinders or gripfast that have the screw in soles? I can't remember, but the last time I bought boots it was them...and I loved them. Nice boots darksoul, I would yank the harley plate off.
gripfast have the screw in soles, once the threading gets stipped, the boots are pretty much trash. A cobbler can't fix them.
The grinders are double stiched, from the welt to the upper leather like old Doc Martens, but they are also stiched from the welt to the sole. And if the stiches come lose, a cobbler can fix them, or you can just "hot knife" them back together

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store