my clownfish has ich any ideas?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
im getting worried about my blue damsel. it's not coming out and from what i see it,s not eating, i dont think it liked the transfer much.i hope it dont trigger an ich breakout in the qt and i hope it dont die.

Duckie

AC Members
Mar 14, 2015
Not a good sign. Not eating is going to accelerate the downward spiral. Did you start treating the QT for ich right away? If not, you should have as soon as the fish went in. You can try to soak food in garlic and see if that will trigger some appetite. If you can't get the fish to eat, chances of survival are going to be very slim to none.

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
they are all eating now. i did lose my puffer today but that was cause he was stuck in the strainer where the filter sucks the water into the filter. i really liked him to he was my first sw fish and had alot of personality. but they are all doing great now and no signs of ich. i went out and got garlic guard today but dont really need it cause they are all eating like monsters

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
i think i caught the ich outbreal almost as soon as it happened cause the female only had one spot on her now she doesnt have any and i examined all of them yesterday for spots and there was none. on another note petco kinda pissed me off cause they had a picasso clown with marine velvet or maybe ich it kinda looked like both really and i told him and he was like " oh yeah, i see it " and just walked away. i wanted to be like are you an idiot? but i didnt. ill never be buying anything from them or reccommending them for anything to anyone. they are a irresponsible retail store and dont care nothing about there live stock. i wanted to be like well can i have him so i can make sure he's got a chance atleast

nickolasb

AC Members
Nov 22, 2015
ware, massachusetts
Real Name
Nickolas
update on my fish they are doing fine and the ich is gone almost time to put them back in the dt. i was gonna build a fefugium but i found a really good deal and bought a refuguim rather than building one but i am still going to build one in the future i haev the glass now but am a little nervous about cutting glass cause i never have before but petco is having another 1 per gallon sale on fish tanks so i think im gonna pick up a 30gall tank from them and build my fefugium out of that

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store