My Current Tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

gabrie30

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
So my tank may be a little overstocked but all fish are happy and very active. I also perform daily 25% water changes. Heres the stock:

4 - Harlequin Rasboras
4- Golden Platies
2- Emerald green cories
2- Cacatoo (Dwarf chiclid pair)
1- Baby black moor

The moor I saw at Meijers, everything else in the tank was dieing. I felt bad and it was cheap so I bought it. Hes made a 100% turnaround and hasn't gotten much bigger. I think hes going to be fine for now, but will probably have to upgrade, or give him away.

Any thoughts.

jpappy789

Plants need meat too
Feb 18, 2007
Gainesville, FL
Real Name
Josh
What size tank is this?

The emeralds (bronchis splendens) need a shoal, preferably 6 or more. Same goes for the harlequins.

The moor is a coldwater fish and shouldn't be put with tropicals.

Why are you doing daily water changes...water quality issues? cycling? Otherwise, weekly is usually enough.

gabrie30

AC Members
Feb 15, 2008
20 Long. My fish love the daily water changes. I dont think there is anything wrong with only having 2 cories. Yes in the wild they do shoal, but most fish are not brought in from the wild and can adapt to many different conditions (black moor cold water issue for example). From my experience fish do not get depressed or stressed because they aren't shoaling. They get stressed because the water conditions are not pristine.

Last edited:

SchizotypalVamp

The REAL AC Mafia
Mar 18, 2008
California
Even with the clean water, the moor will physically get too big for the 20 long. Yes, they can adapt to different conditions, especially with pristine water...but add a few more and see how much happier they will be.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store