My daily cycling log

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

jdheff1982

No you're not! I'm Sparticus!
Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
I am gonna start a cycling log so when a problem arises, everyone can use this as a reference of my daily water tests. This will be starting on December 30th. Each new post I put on the board will be a new set of readings from my 37 gallon tank. Here goes....

December 30th, 2002>
----------------------------
Ammonia> 0 to 0.5 ppm
Nitrites> 2 ppm
Nitrates> 5 ppm
pH> 7.4
Water Change> Yes @ 98% (Moved tank to a new stand)
Stress Zyme> Yes
----------------------------
This what my daily log will consist of. Enjoy!

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
December 31st, 2002

Ammonia> 0 ppm
Nitrites> 2 ppm
Nitrates> 0 ppm
Water Change> Yes @ 25%
Stress Zyme> No
-----------------------------------
Quick note, I do not want any replys to this thread, if you have something to tell me or comment about, either private message or email me. Thanks!

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
January 1st, 2003

Ammonia> 0
Nitrites> 0.5 ppm (finally dropping!!)
Nitrates> 10 ppm (really good sign!!)
----------------
Did add another piece of decoration that has a heavy dose of algae on it to the tank. Maybe this will help speed thigs along???

jdheff1982

Aug 17, 2002
Wichita, KS
Visit site
Ya, I know, I haven't been keeping up with the log very well. I checked my tank this morning and it is lookig really good!!!

0 ammonia
0.25 ppm nitrites (really good, can't wait to see 0 ppm!)
Haven't checked the nitrates in a while, been concentrating on the nitrites. Anywho, I know the nitrates are going up anyways because of the nitrite plunge!!

BTW, if you all want to reply to the thread, that's fine. I shouldn't have done that in the first place. SORRY!!

famman

AC Members
Aug 16, 2002
Los Angeles, CA
the re-innoculation via the extra ornament probably helped your nitrite spike drop. I suggest you add a small amount of gravel from the good tank every day until the nitrite drops to zero. You may already be there.
good luck
:)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store