My dojo loach

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
I've had this guy in my unheated 55gal for 2-3 years. He/she is tough to get a good pic of because they are either super active or sleeping. It's one of my favorite fish for sure and is about 8" long. I snapped a couple pics during my water change today.

They're tough to get these days given they are banned for sale in many states given their "invasive species" status.

Reactions: dudley

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Cute! I've always wanted to try weather loaches but I never seem to have tankspace at a temp they'd like & in a state where they're legal. I think you can sex them by pectoral fin length. Short & roundish is female; longer, male.

What other fish do you keep with it? I can't tell what the 1 is, a kissing gourami?

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Cute! I've always wanted to try weather loaches but I never seem to have tankspace at a temp they'd like & in a state where they're legal. I think you can sex them by pectoral fin length. Short & roundish is female; longer, male.

What other fish do you keep with it? I can't tell what the 1 is, a kissing gourami?
This 55gal probably isn't the ideal space or scape for this guy either, although he does love to lounge in the anubia. In terms of water temp, I'm not able to keep that ideal either. This tank could vary from ~66F in the cold of winter to ~84F in the summer.

Other fish in this tank are 6 gold barbs, an old blue gourami and the kissing gouarmi looking guy is actually a "gold" Jack Dempsey I rescued a year or so ago. The gourami and JD were never intended to go in this setup, but when my heated 55g broke it's center brace last summer and had to be taken down, they got moved into where they could go.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store