My DPs won't respond to tubifex ...?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

often dignified

AC Members
Nov 11, 2003
Conneaut Lake, PA
I'm kinda worried... I know they have knocked out most of the snail population in my tank... I haven't seen many snails in the last couple of weeks. I tried sticking some tubifex in on a toothpick, and nobody bit at it... they would look at it, but just turn away. One of them also has a sunken belly, so I don't think they're getting much food. What is something they will definitely respond to? Blackworms? I have some dried baby shrimp (Tetra brand), they didn't respond to that either.

Thanks

cdawson

AC Members
Jan 6, 2003
Vancouver BC
Visit site
frozen bloodworms, although chances are if they have sunken bellies you should treat them for internal parasites.
discomed by aquatronics (I think that's the company's name) will be what you're going to use.
DPs won't eat any amount of dried, freeze dried or flake foods. Strictly blood worms and live blackworms. Maybe brine shrimp, but I'm not sure on that. I never fed mine brine shrimp, just frozen blood worms.

jread

The Dwarf Puffer Guy
Jan 4, 2004
Austin, TX
www.jeremyread.net
Originally posted by cdawson
frozen bloodworms, although chances are if they have sunken bellies you should treat them for internal parasites.
discomed by aquatronics (I think that's the company's name) will be what you're going to use.
DPs won't eat any amount of dried, freeze dried or flake foods. Strictly blood worms and live blackworms. Maybe brine shrimp, but I'm not sure on that. I never fed mine brine shrimp, just frozen blood worms.
Can't really add much to what you said ;)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store