My final fish.....hopefully

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
This guy arrived around 1pm today and it’s already eating and glass banging. It’s a Cuban cichlid-Nandopsis tetracanthus
Barring any fatalities or lottery winnings, this the last fish I’m getting for a long time, since i don’t play the lottery and almost never lose fish, I’d bet on a long time. Any way, here it is, this is a grow out/QT tank, depending on if it’s a male or female, it will get its own 55 or 75 at some point

D57C4098-364B-4951-823C-40A1A9AD7AB5.jpeg

6F89042F-D5A4-45D3-B3A5-06910A32542D.jpeg

Reactions: Sprinkle

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Nice. A species I've never kept, but would like to some day.

WYite

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
It’s best to have its own tank, I may try it with my belly crawler pike but I doubt that will work out
You may be surprised, it may end up better than you thought. On the other hand, it could go south really quick.

This reminds me of a funny story. This must have been around 1996 or 1997, because my daughter was old enough to name the fish and and it was before I married my current wife. Anyways, I still used feeders on occasion. I had an albino oscar, a gold severum, a black ghost knife and a huge pleco in my 225 gallon. I'd feed the oscar goldfish so my daughter named her Piggy. One day Piggy decided not to eat one goldfish. I fed goldfish a few more times, but every time Piggy wouldn't eat this one goldfish. The first few times the goldfish, who was later named Goldie, was recognizable by its pattern and then later by its size. Goldie lived with Piggy for several years, until she was about 9" long, when I gave her to a friend with a goldfish pond. Why the oscar continually ignored that one goldfish until it became too big to eat will always be a mystery to me.

So it might work out, you never know with cichlids.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
You may be surprised, it may end up better than you thought. On the other hand, it could go south really quick.

This reminds me of a funny story. This must have been around 1996 or 1997, because my daughter was old enough to name the fish and and it was before I married my current wife. Anyways, I still used feeders on occasion. I had an albino oscar, a gold severum, a black ghost knife and a huge pleco in my 225 gallon. I'd feed the oscar goldfish so my daughter named her Piggy. One day Piggy decided not to eat one goldfish. I fed goldfish a few more times, but every time Piggy wouldn't eat this one goldfish. The first few times the goldfish, who was later named Goldie, was recognizable by its pattern and then later by its size. Goldie lived with Piggy for several years, until she was about 9" long, when I gave her to a friend with a goldfish pond. Why the oscar continually ignored that one goldfish until it became too big to eat will always be a mystery to me.

WYite
Haha, that’s one of the best things I’ve read on any of these forums. Is that goldfish still going strong in the pond?
I’ve had the belly crawler for about 3 years so I know how it’s gonna react and how to set up the tank to keep it happy, the variable is I don’t know the Cubans personality yet, but we’ll see, I’ll monitor things closely until I know, but it’s gonna be a few months before the Cuban is big enough to try.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK

WYite
Aww man.. that is so cute! ?

Reactions: FishAddict74

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Well, I just learned I didn’t receive a Cuban cichlid,
Nandopsis Tetracanthus, i received a jaguar cichlid, Parachromis Managuense. Sooo.... still deciding on what to do. Wasn’t planning on buying another big tank, but we’ll see

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store