My First Planted

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

LondonDragon

AC Members
Oct 1, 2005
London, UK
Absolutely amazing Dragon, seriousy impressed :). PS. What's the perforated golfball looking thing on the left in ome of the pic's :confused: ?
Many thanks :) Its my CO2 diffusor from Hydor, its a mini powerhead with a CO2 in line and breaks the CO2 bubbles into tiny ones, helps spread them in the tank and puts no pressure in the CO2 tubbing therefore avoiding leaks.

Come on, you gotta give us updates after 20 days. :)
Hehe ok ok here a small video: http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=GccNL4ZcA80

Tanks its not looking too great at the moment, had problems with one ballast then my CO2 run out, so its recovering now.

brendyb123

AC Members
Feb 15, 2009
Surrey, UK
know alot of people have praised and rightfully so but here goes mine....someone mentioned previously that your tank seems too good and well maintained for this to be your first planted tank-i must say you really have inspired me. I've recently purchased a Vision 260 which i'd love to heavily plant but on looking into it a bit (actually alot!) was quite put off by other peoples failed attempts and amount of work it will need. Have just sat here and looked through all 29 pages of your 'journey' and, really, i'm inspired. First thing tomorrow I am going to tour my 5 LFS searching for the perfect plants to start mine and will probably spend all weekend 'playing'. Don't be surprised if you get many questions fired at you as a result!! Keep it up

LondonDragon

AC Members
Oct 1, 2005
London, UK
know alot of people have praised and rightfully so but here goes mine....someone mentioned previously that your tank seems too good and well maintained for this to be your first planted tank-i must say you really have inspired me. I've recently purchased a Vision 260 which i'd love to heavily plant but on looking into it a bit (actually alot!) was quite put off by other peoples failed attempts and amount of work it will need. Have just sat here and looked through all 29 pages of your 'journey' and, really, i'm inspired. First thing tomorrow I am going to tour my 5 LFS searching for the perfect plants to start mine and will probably spend all weekend 'playing'. Don't be surprised if you get many questions fired at you as a result!! Keep it up
Thanks for the reply, it is my first planted tank but I started it two years ago and I have learnt a lot along the way, and its only over the past year or so that I have been achieving good results with the plants now that I have learned the balance between light, CO2, ferts and flow.

I will PM you a link of a site with lots of info on planted tanks in the UK and then you can read some of the info there and make sure you have all the right equipment before you splash the cash on plants and only to see them die.

Look forward to seeing your tank and any questions do feel free to ask.

This tank is now on hold just keeping some plants alive until I get my new scape sorted out.

LondonDragon

AC Members
Oct 1, 2005
London, UK
Just a quick update on this tank, I am putting my rescape on hold so now I am testing a few things, I am running this pretty high light now and high CO2 and also the main reason for keeping it going full planted is to test the auto dosing system which has been running 3 weeks now, during this period I haven't dosed EasyCarbo at all, its working great.

Some photos of what the tank looks like at present:

Thanks for looking :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store