My first saltwater tank build

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ace25

www.centralcoastreefclub. com
Oct 3, 2005
www.centralcoastreefclub.com
2 different leopard wrasses, african leopard (bottom) and potters leopard. No, they would not work in a 10G, they need at least a 50G and good size sand bed because they bury themselves in the sand to sleep at night.

I would not call the Yasha a beginner fish by any means but that is more the fishes fault than the persons because it is up to the fish's health that dictates how well it does in a tank initially. They are just more fragile fish than other gobies and the stress of collection and shipping takes more toll on them than other fish. If you came across a local reefer selling a yasha he/she had for a year, it would probably be a very easy beginner fish at that point, but very unlikely you would come across that scenerio (I know I have never seen a local reefer selling a yasha).

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
oh, that makes a lot more sense. so are either of the other two you listed good begginer fish? not the wrasses... the two other others lol.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
neon gobies for sure.. they actually spawn in tanks they are so easy, they are also a cleaner fish meaning they will clean parasites off other fish and clean your hands, like the fish version of a cleaner shrimp. Gumdrops are very easy but not common to find. Yellow clown gobies I have found to be very easy, all other colors of clown gobies I have found to be near impossible to keep for some odd reason.

Another small fish I just thought of is the tail spot blenny and lizard blenny.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
You could probably do neon, yellow watchman, and tailspot, but the lizard acts like the yellow (lives on the sand) so I can see those 2 potentially having issues in a 10G tank, if it were a 20G tank I would say it shouldn't be a problem.

Ace25

Oct 3, 2005
Don't see why not, neons stay very tiny and are peaceful. You could easily have a pair with the other fish. I would really recommend trying to get ORA Neons because they are tank raised and from birth raised on eating prepared foods vs wild ones that grew up getting most of their nutrition from eating parasites off other fish.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Cool! So maybe 2 or 3 neons, the tail spot, and the watchman? Then for inverts, 3 sexy shrimp and a peppermint shrimp. Does that sound ok?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store