My Fish Room

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

roscoe70

AC Members
Apr 5, 2009
East Texas
Really nice and thanks for posting. Looking forward to a further description of the setup and experiences with the filtration. Good luck.

tonytheboss1

AC Members
May 16, 2006
N.Y.C.
Real Name
TONY
:bowing::bowing::bowing: My Hero!!! "T"

theemon

AC Members
Jun 14, 2009
i want to see a pic of the whole lay out. AND do you show your room off alot? im in the process of building my own racks, but i dont want other people to see

avionics30

San Diego Discus
Nov 18, 2008
San Diego, CA
www.sandiegodiscus.com
Thanks for all the replys, kind words, and questions!

I'll have to take some system pictures so that I can better explain how the system operates.

In a nutshell, Each tank operates on it's own sponge filter plus two identical central systems. Half the room is set up for breeding discus (soft water) and the other half is simply tap water for adults, juvies and grow out. I can pull any tank off the central system at any time for any reason.

The room is centrally heated with a gas heater. Room temp is typically about 90f and tank temps are around 86f. The central systems are 125 gallon glass tank sumps with 100 micron filter socks and 4 layers of matal bio media. Nothing too fancy. The returns are 1.5" PVC powered by two Sweetwater High Efficiency pumps. These pumps move 45 gpm through this system, that's 2700 gallons per hour. These pumps do all of this using only 170 watts of power. They are fantastic!

Soon to come, I'll be adding ozone to these central systems to aid in water purification. I just got the reactor built and have to get everything plumbed.

More pics of the setup and fish to follow!

Best wishes!

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
I missed this first time around, nice !!!!!!!!!!!!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store