My Kribs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Mr.Jingles

It's Aqua Live!
Aug 26, 2000
MI, USA
Gah! It would be better to let the stressed one be. Take the healthier one out. this way, the stressed is left unstressed and new territories are made by the stressed.

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
Hi, Jingles, what you say makes sense, but what if he puts a male in there?! Could be more stress, at least at first?

The last angel died this morning, Craigo. Thanks for asking. And the owner of the lfs won't talk to me. (See that post ...)

-- Pat

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
hey guys,

right ive done it.

in the end i decided top catch the fragile female(easier than i tought, she was in a cave a lot since the segregation, i just adjusted it into the net, not a lot of fuss really....:) )

i think it was prob the right idea, the other is sooo confident in the tank.

im getting a male(fingers crossed;) ) on friday -- im looking for a pointy tail and dorsal fin then???

(the people at my lfs HATE it when you ask for a specific fish -- like its too much bother.......):rolleyes:

ill keep you posted,
thanks.
craig

Cichlid Woman

Dwarf cichlids rule ...
Nov 27, 2002
central Illinois
Visit site
Yeah, they're like that at most lfs I've been too, also, at least around here. It's too bad.

I hope there will be lots of kribs in the tank to give you a basis for comparison, because it's not that easy to tell sometimes, especially if they're still juveniles. But ... look for a krib whose yellow color at the very top of the dorsal fin runs all the way to the end, and who also has a spade- or diamond-shaped tail.

Good luck!

Pat

Sting

AC Members
Dec 23, 2002
www.picturetrail.com
What's the minimum tank size you recommend for a Krib?

Mr.Jingles

It's Aqua Live!
Aug 26, 2000
MI, USA
eh...I would say a 20 for a pair. Kribs get around 3 or 4 inches. 20gallons especilly if you are keeping other fish. I kept mine in a 30 and they were happy.

firetank

calibration boy
Nov 27, 2002
Visit site
hey guys..

checked this morning on the new moved krib...
not in tank....

emptied all the plants\piping out, not there...

moved the chest of drawers...

shed jumped out, guess the whole moving\bullying thing was too much.
so she ended up dead anyway.
:( :( :(

damn.

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
sorry to hear that firetank.

Anyways, I got my kribs on saterday the 21st, and she layed eggs on the 23rd, so they are gonna hatch today I think.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store